Self-Guided History Tour
Thursday-Saturday all day
Explore the history of the Riverwalk and historic Main Street. Find signs with QR codes that will open a window into what Lowell used to look like. Scan the code with your phone camera to begin exploring.
Where was the first tavern in town? Which building was moved across town to find its home on Main Street? Have you seen the Opera House? Learn about some of the interesting buildings in the scenic downtown Historic District.
Scan the code with your phone camera to begin exploring.
Kids can pick up a scavenger hunt at the Museum booth or Kidz Zone and find historic sites on the Riverwalk.
The locations for the signs:
- RiverView Flats, 219 High Street
- Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce, 113 Riverwalk Plaza
- Kent District Library, 200 N Monroe St
- Lowell Showboat, on the Riverwalk
- Flat River Grill, 201 E Main St
- Sweet Seasons Bakery & Cafe, 307 E Main St
- Big Boiler Brewing, 318 E Main St
- King Milling, 115 S Broadway St
- Old Post Office, 101 Main St (previously the Serenity Club)
- Lavender & Lace Boutique, 204 W Main St
Buy Local with the Gift Everyone Loves – Lowell Bucks! Click here to purchase…
The Chamber is made up of more than 300 businesses, clubs and organizations and we provide a wide range of services and events for our members and residential community.